Friday 19 August 2016

My current projects

This is a list of my current war gaming projects -

Napoleonic - I have some 28mm metals from Alban and Foundry and also some 1/72 scale plastics. I have not worked at this project in about 3 years nor have I bought any new figures. Figures are based singly for the Too Fat Lardies masterpiece, Sharpe Practice. I currently have little enthusiasm for this one.

WW1 - Here I have a huge amount of unpainted 1/72 scale plastics including some aircraft and tanks. I am still buying new sets all the time. I intend using these for the Lardies Through the Mud and Blood. 

I am also doing WW1 in 6mm using the Great War Spearhead II rules - so far I have a division of early war Germans (Baccus) and the same quantity of Russians (Irregular and Heroics and Ros). Some eastern front buildings are also on the way from Leven Miniatures in the UK. I have to start actually painting the lead pile before I purchase my Serbians, Bulgarians and Austrian-Hungarians.

WW2 - mainly 1/72 plastics with some metals. Rules, Battlegroup Blitzkrieg and I aint been shot mum. My main interest is the east and north african campaigns although I have some forces for most theaters.

WW2 in 6mm - This is a recent move, caused in part by the declining value of the South African Rand. Buying 10 tanks in 6mm is just much cheaper than buying 10 tanks in 1/72 scale. Companies like Heroics and Ros also have a huge variety have some rarer vehicles. Some of these rarer vehicles are available in 1/72 but at a premium. Basic armies have been ordered from Heroics and I hope to have them by the middle of September 2016. Shipping from the UK to South Africa nowadays takes a minimum of one month, sometimes up to three. Sometimes the minis never arrive. For rules I am looking at Blitzkrieg Commander II and I aint been shot mum.

Lion Rampant - in 1/72 scale plastics - I have most of the minis but have not made a start yet. 

Warhammer 40K - I bought a starter set years ago but will probably try selling it.

Modern / Cold War era - I have quite a bit of 6mm and was recently able to buy a huge amount of second hand stuff locally, mostly well painted. Rules, Cold War Commander or Fistful of Tows III.

I also have some anticipated projects :

Saga - I would love to start a Saga collection but first want to reduce the amount of unbuilt and unpainted minis. I was contemplating doing this in 1/72 scale but might splurge for the beautifull minis from Gripping Beast.

Ancients -  not sure about a rule set or scale yet. I like chariots, so will probably do Egyptians vs Hittites, time will tell.

1/2400 Naval - maybe one day.

1/300 Aerial - sooner rather than later.




No comments:

Post a Comment